Kennametal was founded in 1938 by metallurgist Philip M. McKenna in Latrobe, PA, USA. They service customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation who all trust Kennametal’s innovations in materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions.
Providing solutions for all aspects of:
- Metalworking - turning, milling, drilling, tool holding, threading, tooling solutions, special tooling and vending machine
- Engineered Components
- Powered Materials and Equipment
- Wear Components
Making the Difference that Lasts
At the forefront of advanced materials innovation for more than 75 years, Kennametal Inc. is a global industrial technology leader delivering productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approx. 11,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated more than $2.1 billion in revenues in fiscal 2016. Learn more at www.kennametal.com.
NOVO Knows Art to Part to Profit
NOVO is a suite of powerful digital tools. It links together process planning, inventory availability and purchase, cost-per-part management, and productivity improvements.
What are my benefits?
Saving time and money are two big benefits!
When you use ToolBOSS tool vending machines in your shop, the NOVO app "talks" to the ToolBOSS software.
As you create tool assemblies, in-stock inventory is checked. Assemblies can be created using tooling from current shop inventory, or from new tools that must be ordered. It’s easy to order new tools from Konnect without leaving the NOVO app.
- ToolBOSS connectivity
- Request-a-quote from your sales representative
- Find replacements for obsolete tools
- Advisor for over 20 common machining features
- Ability to save tool list by job for future use and sharing
- Instant access to tool assembly models and application data (ISO13399)
- Models are compatible with most commercial CAM systems
- Available for Windows and all major tablets
NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH - September 2019
King of Roughing – KOR™ 5 High-Velocity Aluminum Roughing
- High efficiency metal removal in aluminum
- Maximizes capabilities of 5-axis machines
- Dynamic milling, using CAM tool path generation software
- Up to 66% higher table feed than common tools with 3 flutes
- Proprietary flute form, and chipbreaker enabling 3 x D maximum depth of cut, and perfect chip evacuation
- Internal coolant helps flush chips from cutting zone and reduce heat
- 5 cutting edges enable increased feed rates and high metal removal rates
- Proprietary flute form ensures coolant flow, chip evacuation, and a 3 x D maximum depth-of-cut
- Chipbreakers manage chip removal efficiently
Up to 66% higher table feed in aluminum applications
- Safe-Lock™ Shank prevents end mill pullout
NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH - September 2019
HARVI™ I TE – High-Performance Solid End Milling
- Proprietary end face design — Twisted cutting edge increasing the corner stability, enabling soft cutting action even at highest ramping angles.
- Proprietary core design – Increasing tool stability.
- Innovative end face design — Asymmetric divided flutes and variable helix enabling vibration dampening and unmatched feed rates.
- Proprietary relief – with AVF-Technology. A precision faceted eccentric relief reducing vibrations and reducing friction. For excellent cutting conditions in multiple materials.
- Proprietary flute design — Innovative chip gashes within the flutes reducing cutting forces and supporting efficient chip evacuation.
- Asymmetric divided flutes and variable helix
- Twisted end face
- Chip gashes within the flutes
- Faceted eccentric relief with AVF-Technology
- HARVI™ I TE — Innovative proprietary design features driving maximum productivity.
- Universal character. Machines steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and high-temperature alloys with exceptional feed rates, reaching unmatched metal removal rates.
- Applicable for a variety of operations, including dynamic milling, and extreme ramping operations.
- 4-fluted end mill for high-performance roughing and finishing with only one tool.
- HARVI I TE — Maximum metal removal. Maximum productivity. Maximum benefit.
APPLICATION GUIDE Solid Carbide Drills
- Kenna UniversalTM
APPLICATION SPECIFIC DRILLS – HIGH PERFORMANCE
KenTIP™ FS Carbide Inserts
The Perfect Fusion of a Solid Carbide and an Indexable Drill
With the 3 x 3 x 3 advantage…
- 3-point geometries - HPG, HPC, HPL
- 3 high-performance grades – KCP15A, KC7410, KCMS15
- 3 different shank styles – Straight (SS), Flanged Round (SF), Flanged Shank with Flat (SCF)
INNOVATIONS IN... Interactive PDF
- INDEXABLE MILLING
- SOLID END MILLING